Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Marco Loves School!

I am so relieved that Marco like school...His first day was yesterday and when he came home he was like a little boy...He was jumping on the trampoline saying "I did it! I did it! He rattled off his classmates who were from all over the world..China, Bulgaria, India, Honduras, and a few other places..He learned to spell his name in Hindi..then today in Egyptian...he got to draw...He is learning about the weather and having a good time. I am so happy for him and for me LOL...What a relief. He knows more English than I thought and he is learning more everyday. While I was working with him I saw how much he knew, all the letters and sounds...numbers and their words..colors...he can read in English with a heavy accent! And he can type on the computer what he want to get at...and he can write some English. SO he is well on his way to being an American! His social security card should be coming soon and his certificate of citizenship from the president of the United States!

4 comments:

  1. This is so great, JoAnn! Bless you for giving this young man a forever family he deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! It sounds like a great school, too!

    ReplyDelete