Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Going just fine...most of the time ...

Well I got firm for the first time yesterday morning and it helped...Marco needed to hear that from me, because he has a new attitude..A good one! He came home from school a new kid..So happy..it's working! I was reminded of this psalm yesterday while cutting Pastor Thornton's hair...verse 4 in particular...Please pray with me for Marco to become the boy/man that we hope for him. He has many many great traits and respect for things we Americans don't...but he is also 13 YIKES! Can't say I didn't expect it...just keep laughing & take it as it comes...I am reminded from time to time by God, when I slow down enough to listen...that it's not about me...eeesh!

Unless the Lord Builds the House
A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon.

127:1 Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.
2 It is in vain that you rise up early
and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep.

3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children [1] of one's youth.
5 Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. [2]

No comments:

Post a Comment