Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Orphanage visits..

We will be visiting 3 orphanages while in country...Bringing donations and loving up the children. I plan to do many hair doos in the Baby House starting next week...spoke with one of the Doctors there and they are waiting! I borrowed their razor for another orphanage and had left it with friends in country and I guess they forgot return it LOL..so I will pick this up too so the orphanage can trim the boys hair..They haven't had their razor since June! The kids may need some fixing up too!...Looking forward to this part of the trip..The ladies are very receptive and happy when working on their doos..I find them to be just like my clients at home..People are people no matter where you are.. They understand my hand motions for ways to cut their hair and laugh at the same things we do back home.

There are at least 2 other families adopting and one more coming this weekend also..so we hope to meet with them Monday for dinner.
Suitcases are packed..we will weigh them tomorrow to make sure they aren't over 50 pounds each! I picked up so much candy/cookies/stuffed animals & chocolates I bought during the last 2 months for the kids...There were great sales after Christmas so glad I was still here to get a lot for the kids...
Many items for 10 and 25 cents! Christmas in Eastern Europe is later than ours..so they are still in Christmas mode a little...

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you, can't wait to see pics.
    Do you mind taking a pic of my kiddo with you?
    There was a particular nanny there that just loved him to pieces.
    Can I email it over?

    ReplyDelete